I am participating in a blogging challenge this month, and the prompt for yesterday was gratitude…. I admit it, I’m a day behind. I already had my post for yesterday ready to go…which is not usually the case.
Okay, so back on topic…
Gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness, or appreciation is a feeling or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive.
When I read that definition the first thought that I think is that I am grateful for MY FAMILY!
I am so thankful for my family. I have relied more on them these last few years than I would have ever wanted! They have adapted to my disability better than I could have expected! Their support is everything to me, and they make going through this process together so much easier! I am grateful that they continue to support me and be there for me each and every day!!
I am also grateful for my struggles. As hard as they all are, and have been, it is what has made me who I am today. There have been times in my life where I just wanted to give up, but that is taking the easy way out. I feel that I wouldn’t have been able to appreciate what I had, and what I have now, had I not faced certain hardships.
I am also grateful for the following:
- My kids, they make me so proud to be their mother
- My husband, he keeps me going and through it all, he has been right there by my side
- My dogs, they keep me company when the house is way too quiet
- Teachers, without them I would have to learn calculus all over again (to teach my 15-year-old) YUCK! 😛
- Sports, to keep my kids involved in something productive outside of school
- Blogging, it has given me another outlet to reach out to people and interact with others who enjoy the same things and have gone through similar situations
- My Camera, It allows me to see the world in many lights
- Music, it helps to clear my head and get rid of all of my worries
- My home, it’s somewhere warm, surrounded by my family
- My doctors, who try so hard to fix me
- My bed, the only place that has any ability to help relieve just some of my pain
- My heating pads, without them my body would hurt even more
- Short outings with my family, to keep my sanity
And the list goes on and on and on….